Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The truth.

The way he walks towards me, I can tell already that something is wrong.
The way he’s fall on the floor instead of bouncing from one friend to the other.
He slowly inches closer.
I try and pretend like nothing is wrong that I am fine.
He stands next to me. Silent.
Everyone else passes by unnoticing.
H slips something in my hand before finally walking away.
I turn disappointed. I don’t even bother to look at what he gave me.
It was just a piece of paper.  What meaning could it have?
    I can’t believe I’m about to do this.
    She won’t say yes I’m sure of it.
    How am I even going to ask her?
    I don’t even have enough money to buy her what she truly deserves,
    A sparkling diamond ring.
I go home speaking to no one.
Why would I want to?
I Know what that note says, I know it.
I knew he was going to dump me.
I don’t need to look at the note I already know what it says.
I thought we were meant to be.
I knew it wouldn’t last. God I was foolish to even assume that.
    It’s been three days. She hasn’t even talk to me.
    I knew I was rushing it. Why would I think that she would say yes?
    I knew she didn’t love me as much as I loved her.
    I knew it.
They part their way. Confused and hut.
The note it self only had the words would you marry written in a shaky hand.
She soon forgot about the note. Moved on.
Him on the other hand, never forgot about her. He tried but never succeed she always seamed to wiggle her way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment